Sunday, March 4, 2012

Strawberry-Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I had initially planned to make some oatmeal-cherry-chocolate chip cookies using a variation of a recipe given to me by a friend at Phinished, but as I was getting my mise together, I realized that I didn't have enough oats to make a full batch of cookies, or even a half batch. So I added in a couple packs of instant strawberries-and-cream oatmeal and some freeze-dried strawberries and bananas. KB decided to pulverize the bags instead of giving them a quick smash, so the strawberries were dust instead of chunks, and completely permeated the cookie dough.

I want to eat ALL the cookies.

The strawberry flavor is subtle, and gives the cookie a sweet and creamy flavor that you might expect from a shortbread rather than an oatmeal cookie. I absolutely love it, and so do the girls.

Strawberry-Banana Oatmeal Cookies (half-batch)

  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c AP flour
  • 1/2 large beaten egg
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2 packages instant strawberry oatmeal
  • 2 packs freeze dried strawberry/banana, crushed
Cream butter and sugar, then add vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and stir until integrated, then add oats and fruit. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 on a silpat mat or greased cookie sheet. Makes 10-12 cookies.

Total prep/cook time: 25 minutes
Happiness rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment